What is RC&D?
Resource Conservation and Development (RC&D) is a unique program that is led by local volunteer councils that help people care for and protect their natural resources in a way that improves the local economy, environment and living standards. RC&D is a way for people to work together to plan and carry out activities that will make their areas a better place to live.
RC&D is based on the assumption that local citizens with assistance, can develop and carry out an action-oriented plan for the social, economic, and environmental enrichment of their communities.
The purpose of RC&D is to promote conservation, development, and utilization of natural resources; to improve the general level of economic activity; and to enhance the environmental and standard of living in all communities. The aim is to provide a system of rural development, encourage the wise use of natural resources, and improve the quality of life in America.
To carry out the RC&D concept, diverse groups of local volunteers are brought together in a unique partnership to find solutions to their problems. The structure for this process involves:
- Identifying Problems
- Establishing Goals and Objectives
- Developing Alternative Plans
- Implementing Plans
- Alamo – http://alamorcd.org/
- Big Country – http://texasrcd.org/big_country.htm
- Bluebonnet – http://bluebonnetrcd.org/
- Central Texas – http://texasrcd.org/central_texas.htm
- Chihuahuan Desert – http://www.sulross.edu/pages/3542.asp
- Chisolm Trail – http://www.chisholmtrailrcd.org/
- Concho Valley – http://texasrcd.org/concho_valley.htm
- De-Go-La – http://www.degolarcd.org/
- Four Winds – http://texasrcd.org/four_winds.htm
- High Plains – http://www.highplainsrcd.org/
- Hill Country – http://texasrcd.org/hill_country.htm
- Leon Bosque – http://texasrcd.org/leon_bosque.htm
- North Rolling Plains – http://www.northrollingplains.com/
- Northeast Texas – http://texasrcd.org/northeast_texas.htm
- Pecos Valley – http://texasrcd.org/pecos_valley.htm
- Pineywoods – http://pineywoodsrcd.org/
- Post Oak (formerly Big 8) – http://texasrcd.org/post_oak.htm
- Rio Bravo – http://texasrcd.org/rio_bravo.htm
- Rio Grande-Nueces – http://www.rgnrcd.org/
- Sabine-Neches – http://texasrcd.org/sabine_neches.htm
- Sam Houston – http://texasrcd.org/sam_houston.htm
- Southeast Texas – http://texasrcd.org/southeast_texas.htm
- Wes-Tex – http://texasrcd.org/wes_tex.htm